We take the privacy of our members VERY seriously!
- We will not ask you for any personal information such as real name, age, home address or email.
- Your location will only be broadcasted to your family or friends if you Accept.
- You can stop broadcasting your location at any time by leaving a Meetup photo location or Signing Out.
- Your exact location is only visible to your invited or accepted invitations ONLY when you are within range of the radar (300ft/92m).
Otherwise only your general direction and approximate distance is showing.
ApproachMe is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy
statement. ApproachMe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10/1/2014
What We Collect:
- Screen Name.
- Phone number.
- Profile photo of your choice.
- General location outside 1 mile/1Km, and exact location within 300 ft.
What we do with the information we gather
In addition to providing you the ability for you, your family and friend to be able to find each other in a crowd, we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think
you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at: 1030 E. El Camino Real #210, Sunnyvale
CA 94087, U.S.A.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.